What an amazing week. There were people biking to work all over Michiana! Great job everyone. Here are the results and a summary of all your hard work.
The 2008 Broken Spoke Award goes to BOSCH "Brakeaways" for riding an amazing 2952.91 miles!
Frankly, we were pleasantly surprised with the high number of participants in the Corporate Challenge. We had 487 riders register (361 riders recorded miles ridden). There were a total of 60 teams. As a result, we've decided to combine some awards to provide prizes to more riders. Here is the break down of the highest average miles per rider.
|Team||Average Miles per Rider|
|1st Place||Wandering Sage||218.80|
|Take That OPEC||185.10|
|The Persian Rug Gallery||141.20|
|2nd Place||Odyssey Group||120.49|
|Pro Form Bike Shop||99.75|
|3rd Place||Tire Rack Riders||92.92|
By The Numbers
- Total miles ridden to work: 14,653
- That means we saved around 725.4 gallons of gas!(According to the EPA, the US average mileage is 20.2 mpg)
- Or, if you think of the price of gas at $3.97/gal, we saved $2,879.84 this week by riding to work.
- We also saved approximately 16,118 pounds of CO2 emission by riding rather than driving.
- The average mileage per rider for the week was 40.34 miles.
Miles per Day
- Monday - 4201.18
- Tuesday - 2218.36
- Wednesday - 2822.95
- Thursday - 2953.69
- Friday - 2456.86
Top 10 Riders
- Rob Shelhamer - 221.15
- Mathew Heckman - 218.80
- Don Poole - 185.10
- Bill Grove - 178.00
- Jenni Goudarzi - 157.60
- Ken Schneider - 148.38
- Eric Borkowski - 147.76
- Douglas Bowman - 143.50
- Adam Wack - 139.00
- Albert Vega - 135.00